Ovosonico is looking for an experienced Gameplay Programmer to join the programming team and create complex Game Systems for an upcoming console game.
This position requires strict collaboration with other Engineers and Game Designers in order to implement and refine game systems meeting the game’s vision.
NOTE: Candidates of all nationalities are welcome to apply, however please note that priority will be given to all those eligible to work in the European Union.
Key Duties Include:
- Working on game systems, maintaining and writing solid and robust code to strict deadlines
- Collaborating with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture
- To provide feedback and evaluate feasibility of technical and design direction for difficulty of implementation, costing and priority in game system developement
- To closely work with Game Designers and content creators to brainstorm solutions that satisfy design and content requirements
(Please note: Applications not meeting the minimum requirements will not be considered)
- Proven experience developing complex game-play systems for at least two (2) shipped console titles (retail or digital)
- Proven experience with Unity 3D game engine
- English language fluency (written/spoken)
- Relevant qualification at degree level or equivalent
(Non-essential but a definite plus)
- Ability to easily communicate technical topics with both engineers and non-technical people alike
- Pro-active attitude towards Gameplay implementation and open-minded attitude towards feedbacks and re-iterations
- Strong problem solving, conceptual and analytical skills, with excellent debugging skills
- Experience in developement of AI systems
- Experience on physics-driven gameplay systems
- Experience with Scrum and Agile methodologies